Details at a Glance
- Sleeps - 2 adults & 2 children
- Double Bed - 2
- Roof Bed - 2 small children
- Changeover day - Everyday
- Minimum stay - 2 nights
- Number of dogs welcome - 2
- 3-Point Seat Belts - 4
- Lap Belts - 1
Over 40 years old, Poppy is a proper style icon, the epitome of retro-chic with her beautiful bright ‘poppy’ red and white paint work, matching curtains and modern interior. Poppy loves nothing more than pulling up and discovering somewhere new.
Poppy is a right-hand drive, 1973 late Bay campervan who is happy to take up to 4 passengers with her on holiday with seatbelts for all. For those who aren't familiar with campervans, her back seat folds down to make a spacious full width double bed, and the roof pops up to make another sleeping space above. The ¾ width bed in the roof is a little more snug but is ideal for 2 small children.
Poppy comes equipped with everything you need minus a towel, bedding, and clothes for your next adventure. There is storage for your gear but space limited so please bear this in mind when packing. For a small extra charge, you can take a ‘drive away’ awning with you for more space and sleep in the inner tent.
Features and facilities
- Engine Size: 1.6L right-hand drive
- Dimensions: 4.6m long x 1.86m wide x 2.14m high
- Reg Number: WVR 602L
- Fuel: Unleaded Petrol
Speed & Range of Travel
- Gearbox: 4 speed manual
- Top Speed: 55 mph
- Economy: 25 mpg average
- Mileage: Unlimited
- Range: Gwynedd, Conwy and Anglesey (please ask if thinking further afield)
Travelling & Camping
- Front cab: 2 seats fitted with 3-point belts
- Bench seat with two 3-point seat belt and one lap belt
- No Isofix
Boot section / Overhead locker
- Pop-up 2 man tent for camping gear, and reserves your pitch
Cooking & Eating
- Cooker: Two burner gas hob and grill
- Fridge: Compressor fridge (12v / 240v when on mains hook-up)
- Sink: Stainless steel with cold water tap
- Kitchen: Fully equipped with pots, pans, crockery and utensils
- Table: Internal table & folding outdoor table with camping chairs
- In Transit: Internal cab heating
- Stationary: Electric heater supplied for use when connected to campsite 240v electricity supply
Power & Audio
- Sound System: CD/Radio player with usb & aux-in
12v socket in front cab
- 240v household socket with 2 USB points for use when connected to campsite electricity supply
- Downstairs: Double full width rock and roll bed
- Roof: ¾ width double bed suitable for small kids
- Free secure parking for your vehicle at our premises
Suggested Optional Extras
- Drive-away awning: for shelter and storage, and reserves your pitch
- Dimensions: 2.5m x 2.6m (D x W)
- Drive-away awning with 2 berth inner tent: for extra living and sleeping space
- Dimensions: 2.4m x 5.1m (D xW)
- Bike rack: suitable for 2 bikes
- Bedding pack: sleeping bag / duvet / pillows
Poppy’s favourite place...
Poppy loves to visit Mynydd Mawr, at the tip of the Llŷn Peninsular where there are stunning views of the mysterious Bardsey Island, a place of pilgrimage since Celtic times. Bardsey Island lies 2 miles off the Llŷn Peninsular, whose welsh name is Ynys Enlli. Bardsey is a holy island that once had its own line of kings. Legend has it that 20,000 saints are buried on the island which led to the Pope to proclaim that three pilgrimages to Bardsey Island equalled just one to Rome.
Why not take Poppy on a trip down the Llŷn Peninsular and discover the spectacular view from Mynydd Mawr, a National Trust site, of Bardsey Island. If you stay a night or 2 you could go on a pilgrimage yourself and catch the boat to Bardsey Island from nearby Aberdaron, and if you are lucky you could spot dolphins, seals, puffins, and choughs.
A place to stay...
Ty Newydd Farm Caravan and Campsite
We love this site, it’s at the foot of the National Trust headland, Mynydd Mawr, where you can walk, go rock fishing, or just relax and observe the wildlife it is so peaceful.
The site is sheltered, flat, and most of the pitches have electric hook-ups, there’s wifi, and the toilet and shower block is clean and has ample hot water. For more information and to book a pitch visit their website.